Automotive World’s Future Mobility Europe presents a virtual discussion “Decarbonizing Road Transport” featuring Drive to Zero’s Europe Director, Sita Holtslag. The road freight sector is responsible for almost 10% of global CO2 emissions, and its contribution is climbing. As a result, the industry must endeavor to reduce its emissions by a massive 60% by 2050 to meet Paris Climate Agreement targets. Questions addressed in this discussion include:
- Why must we decarbonize road freight, and which stakeholders should take the lead?
- What targets are in place for road freight decarbonization, and are we on track to meet them?
- Which technologies will most impact road freight decarbonization efforts over the next ten years and beyond?
- What are the main challenges to the mass adoption of zero-emission road freight technologies, and how can they be overcome?
- Sita Holtslag, Europe Director, CALSTART – Drive to Zero
- Mike Peirce, Executive Director of Systems Change, Climate Group
- Lars Löhle, Head of Product, Sono Motors
A recording can be found here.