Trucks represent a disproportionate share of emissions despite being a relatively small share of on-road fleets. Furthermore zero-emission (ZE) trucks are ready for most applications with total cost of ownership parity with diesel being within reach between 2024 and early 2030s.
This session will showcase the state of the market from frontrunning fleets, infrastructure providers, manufacturers and governments. They will share their best practices and lessons learns and discuss how multiple stakeholders can work together to reach accelerate the uptake of zero-emission heavy-duty vehicles. This Agora event will share the views of leading public and private actors in this transition, while highlighting the opportunities to accelerate the transition to ZE trucks.
GMC: Global Mobility Call is a 3 day conference in Madrid, Spain 24 – 26 OCT 2023 and it is de second time it is being organized. It is a World Congress + Expo on Sustainable Mobility of People and Goods that connects all industries and stakeholders through its transversal and holistic approach to Mobility. Global Mobility Call was conceived to promote collaboration between companies and generate public-private partnerships that contribute to the development of the new Sustainable Mobility in cities and rural areas. Connect 13 business sectors and the different levels of management creating new business opportunities and enriching networking through GMC Expo and its influential and inspiring international congress with a focus on Spain.
- Demonstrate and amplify the information that Ze-trucks are already here and a technology that is ready to scale up if all stakeholders work together.
- Showcase the state of the market.
- Showcase what actions companies are already taking with regards to ze-MHDVs
- Moderator: Sita Holtslag, Europe Director CALSTART/Drive to Zero
- Government: Alfredo Sánchez Vicente, technical adviser, Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda (MITMA)-Spain
- Fleet: Caryn-Ann Allen Associate Director Sustainability, Geopost
- Manufacturer: Emilia Käck Public affairs manager electrification Scania Group
- Infrastructure: Jesús López Martínez, Global Head of Urban Mobility at Iberdrola Smart Mobility. eBus & eTruck Iberdrola