This webinar event, hosted by ICCT through the ZEVWISE coalition, will delve into the electrification of heavy-duty vehicles (HDVs) and how to mitigate net grid capacity constraints in the short-, mid-, and long-term.
We will address crucial questions related to grid optimization and the pivotal roles played by governments and key stakeholders in this transformative journey. Our discussion will explore the following questions:
- What innovative solutions can be swiftly implemented to boost grid load factors without requiring regulatory approval?
- What are the mid-term strategies that necessitate administrative consent or regulatory approval to alleviate grid capacity constraints?
- How can local, state, and national governments facilitate the implementation of these solutions?
- What contributions can utilities, fleets, and property owners make to support this electrifying transition?
Moderator: Marie Rajon Bernard, Researcher, ICCT
- Jaap Burger, Senior Advisor, Regulatory Agency Project
- Alexander Gaytandjiev, E.ON
- Pieter van Kerkhof, Senior Advisor Sustainable Mobility, Netherlands government
- Michael Rahi, E.ON