Join a series of online workshops “Countries and regions initiatives supporting zero emission road freight and logistics.” This series was born from a collaboration between EMEurope and ALICE with support from the POLIS network and in collaboration with the Global Memorandum of Understanding on Zero-Emission Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles (Global MOU). In each workshop of the series, a country and/or region will present the incentives available and strategies to foster zero emission road freight and logistics.
In 2023 the 3-4 sessions will be:
- The Netherlands in Q1 TBC date
- Luxemburg in Q2 date TBC
- Another Global MOU country TBC
The 2022 sessions:
- Austria (Global MOU country) — This workshop covered the Master Plan for freight transport, R&I Focus Area Mobility Transition. The workshop also presented a Q&Q overview of Austria’s strategic plans for the mobility sector, E-Mobility Offensive. Watch the recording here.
- Sweden — This workshop was organized by the Lindholmen Science Park on behalf of Swedish Energy Agency (SWEA) in collaboration with the Sweden’s Innovation Agency (Vinnova). Information was presented about the Swedish Innovation System light house projects and strategies, as well as funding opportunities. The aim is to bring together representatives of companies, research, cities and (national/regional) policy makers to share information on current and planned incentive schemes, especially about research and innovation (R&I) programmes to accelerate the transition towards zero-emission road freight transport and logistics in European regions and countries. The recording will be available here.
- Italy — In this workshop, organized by Piedmont Region and Finpiemonte S.p.A. and supported by the Ministry of University and Research (MUR), the Italian and Piedmontese policies, strategies and solutions for zero-emission mobility and logistics were presented. The goal was to bring together representatives from institutions (national, regional, and urban), research, and companies to discuss the state of the art strategies and technological solutions to accelerate the transition to zero-emission mobility and logistics in European regions and countries. In the first session of the workshop, the speakers reported on the national and regional framework, both at the political and industrial level. The second session of the workshop was dedicated to interaction and debate with different operators, for a reflection on innovation for logistics. Watch the recording here.