See zero-emission trucks in-person, join key discussions, hear analysis from global innovators about accelerating the zero-emission truck and bus segment
PITTSBURGH – One of the most overlooked solutions to the climate crisis — zero-emission trucks and buses — will be at the center of a number of high-level events in the lead-up to COP27 at the Global Clean Energy Action Forum (GCEAF) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on September 22-23. Top international climate and energy ministers like United States Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm and global innovation and business leaders will view and interact with zero-emission trucks, while they learn about and discuss how these vehicles can cut climate emissions, improve air quality, support jobs and make economic and operational sense for users. Leaders are expected to call for new commitments and immediate action to address rapidly growing transportation emissions at events co-hosted by the government of the Netherlands and CALSTART’s Global Commercial Vehicle Drive to Zero program and campaign (Drive to ZeroTM).
EVENTS – SEPT. 22-23
- VISUAL: CALSTART’s Zero-Emission Truck (ZET) Global Expo (Sept. 22-23 all day) will put more than a dozen zero-emission trucks on display outside the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on Fort Duquesne Blvd. GCEAF participants and the public are welcome to view the vehicles from Lighting eMotors, Nikola, Volvo, Ford, Xos, Workhorse, Peterbilt, International Truck, Hyzon, and Morgan. Please visit the ZET Global Expo website for more details.
- (High-level) How to Accelerate the Transition to ZEVs? (Friday, September 23, 2022 at 0900 – 1000) Top global energy, climate, and transport ministers as well as private sector leaders will discuss the transition toward a zero-emission road transport system.
- Accelerating Zero-Emission Vehicle Transitions: California-India Policy Cooperation (Friday, 23 September 1130-1230) Global clean transportation leaders California and India will discuss potential policy collaboration and coordination that could accelerate the zero-emission truck and bus segment globally.
- Workshop – Zero-Emission Trucks Are Coming – Lets Charge-Up! (Thursday, September 22, 2022 1500-1600) This interactive workshop will focus on how to accelerate the uptake of zero-emission trucks.
- Fleets of the Future – How Collaboration Can Support the Electrification of Trucks (Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 1230 -1330) Business leaders and experts in commercial fleet electrification will discuss how to shape collaborations to accelerate and help solve the business challenges that arise as freight emissions are reduced.
GCEAF brings together the world’s largest and leading countries, companies and international experts with the goal of accelerating clean energy transitions and addressing the climate crisis. This event will be the final opportunity for international climate and energy officials to meet collectively before COP27 in November in Egypt. The GCEAF is hosted by the United States of America and presented by the United States Department of Energy with Carnegie Mellon University at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center (1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Journalists register here.
CALSTART’s Drive to Zero: Roxanna Smith, Roxanna.Smith@GlobalDriveToZero.org or 510.326.0390
CALSTART’s Zero-Emission Truck (ZET) Global Expo: Calvin Fleming, firstname.lastname@example.org, o 323.484.6707 c 323.972.8174
ABOUT CALSTART’S DRIVE TO ZERO
CALSTART’s Global Commercial Vehicle Drive to Zero program and campaign (Drive to ZeroTM) is designed to catalyze the growth of the zero-emission truck and bus segment. With the government of the Netherlands, Drive to Zero is collaboratively leading the world’s most ambitious multi-nation effort to accelerate the zero-emission truck and bus segment and reduce emissions from transport — the Global Agreement on Zero-Emission Trucks and Buses (Global MOU).